Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First Look: TiVo Series 3

Gear Live has gotten their hands on a new Series 3 TiVo. I haven't watched the video yet, but nearly choked when I read their initial price predictions.

I could see myself paying the $400 for this, but that's my absolute limit. Otherwise, I could easily wait until it comes down.

I do wonder why the cable companies haven't taken more initiative in creating a user interface that is similar to TiVo's. This is their chance. If the Series 3 TiVo is priced higher than $500 and the cable companies start offering features such as wishlists, online scheduling and suggested recordings - even just a few of these - I predict more people will give up on TiVo and switch to a local solution.

Of course, I'm just speaking of my own cable company, Time Warner in NYC...anybody have any experience with other cable company-supplied DVRs and their features?

Link

1 Comments:

At 1/11/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger ... said...

I think it's like Amazon's one click.. wishlist is patented.

I'm looking forward to a good price point for this. $400 is a bit much but if it's in the process of upgrading TV to HD at the same time, it may be a compelling pricepoint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home