Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Forgotten Yacht Rock

Yes, I know I have an unhealthy obsession with Yacht Rock. Leave me alone.

I came across a great YR list from an October '05 post at WFMU:

WFMU's Beware of the Blog: Have You Heard About The Lonesome Losers?

Now granted, this list is missing a few of the biggest hits (hello,
"What A Fool Believes?"), but there are a whole bunch on here I
completely forgot about. And a few that I didn't even realize I knew.
"Magic?" "Lady?" "You Are The Woman?" Pure Yacht Rock.

I've been meaning to blog about Pandora since
the day it was released in beta, only because I instantly loved it so
much. I even took screenshots and was going to explain the whole thing
so people could learn to love it too. But I got lazy, and by now
you've probably heard of Pandora. (If not, read their FAQ.)

In any case, of course I have a Yacht Rock station, and I've filled it
with most of the songs listed on the WFMU post, as well as many others
that fall under the "Yacht Rock" distinction. ("Kiss On My List," for
example.) Here's my shared station. If for some reason that link doesn't work, you can go to My Favorites page and click on "Yacht Rock" from there.

Pandora ain't perfect, and it has its favorites (I've heard "99" by
Toto more times than I care to mention), but it's a great idea, and I
always walk away with a few gems I hadn't heard before.

Enjoy the smoothness, bitches.

1 Comments:

At 5/02/2022 12:08 PM, Anonymous Tyreese N said...

Hi nice reading youur blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home