Friday, April 08, 2005

ABCDEFCookie Monster

25 Sesame Street Memories

There are only a few memories here that I don't have stored somewhere in my brain. There are a few I completely forgot about until reading this article, like Billy Joe Jive and his dog Meatbone. But many awesome memories, and an excellent writeup.

My only criticism with this article is that they don't attribute "Pinball Number Count" to the Pointer Sisters. I didn't know it was them until I bought Songs From The Street, which, by the way, is a pretty good boxset until you get to Hootie singing "Hold My Hand" (with one of the other members singing WAY off-key harmonies) to Elmo, and Goo Goo Dolls singing "Slide" to the tune of "Pride"...also with Elmo. Come to think of it, I guess it's Elmo's fault. Fuckin' Elmo. Also, I wish they had a link to a video of the ABCDEFCookie Monster clip, as Mike and I tend to talk about it way more than is healthy.

I haven't checked out anything on this website before, but I think I'll bookmark it. Make sure you check out the link after memory #4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home