Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Plagiarist Free Music Picks

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Lascivious Biddies

This week, I picked two from Fingertips which really caught my ear.

"Freshman Thesis" - Thee More Shallows

"Vermillion" - Mercury Rev

The third track on Fingertips this week ("Fall Apart Again" by Brandi Carlile) wasn't a wower for me, but still very good.

Again, I've been listening to Accident Hash. I've sold a few people on the Hash so far - if you're into podcasts, check it out - a great mix of music from C.C. Chapman. Today I caught a track by a band called The Lascivious Biddies. - this is some wonderful, original, jazzy, folky stuff. They play Joe's Pub in September. Go over to their page on the Podsafe Music Network, where you can listen to a few tracks. (Or, download this .m3u from CDBaby, which is a streaming file of 12 samples.)

1 Comments:

At 8/09/2005 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

Perhaps you would enjoy my music podcast, also a member of the Podshow family called THE SCENE ZINE.. Check it out at www.thescenezine.com

Thanks for your post promoting independent music!

Marcus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home