Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Well, my second concert...

I'm still trying to figure out the date of the Air Supply concert I went to at Westbury Music Fair North Fork Theatre back in 1985. No luck yet. But after Brian's post about Weird Al, I went futzing around Al's website and came upon what I'm pretty sure was my second concert:

Weird Al: Opening For The Monkees


8/19/87, Jones Beach Ampitheatre Tommy Hilfiger Ampitheatre at Jones Beach, Wantagh NY

Oh yeah, baby! I remember him performing "Living With A Hernia," and I remember Davy Jones making a million costume changes (of course I do.), but not much else. My cousin Steve took me to that show. Poor Steve - a big fan of U2 and the Police, and most likely forced by either my mother or his to take me to see The Monkees. And Weird Al.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home