Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Kanye West Speaks out again!!!

First he spoke out about using the word gay in rap... now he speaks about the situation in NOLA.

I heard the audio of this early this morning and I was like WTF??? He's so incoherent about his message, did he think before he spoke????

from central village

...Or is it just another Holocaust-type scam?

Myerskanye_1It was very refreshing to hear Kanye say what he said last night, but I just cannot stop watching the video (via Stereogum). High comedy. Mike Myers' delayed deadpan "Exqueezeme?" reaction to the final comment is absolutely priceless. The best part is that he's been though this kind of thing before...

93tsavers_1I hear Heather Locklear was unavailable for comment...

Anyone have a video of the "Amazing Time Savers" sketch? I remember watching this, either when it was new or on reruns. Absolutely classic. I'd love to see it again. Life truly imitates art.

UPDATED LINK: http://www.ualberta.ca/~keithz/Kanye_-_Red_Cross_Benefit_NBC_.mpg

1 Comments:

At 9/06/2005 4:39 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I watched this clip over the weekend...over and over and over again.

While I give Kanye props for obviously speaking from the heart, MAN did he blindside those around him! Even more than Mike Myers is Chris Tucker, whose anxious glances to the left and right of the camera are PRICELESS...and then he begins to just ramble also!

I definitely remember that awesome SNL sketch - great memory! I had forgotten about it until now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home