Monday, January 16, 2006

Interactive Yacht Rock article

From the Channel 101 message boards, "Yacht Rock" creator JD Ryznar (who apparently dug the Thriller revisit from a few months ago on here) posted a great interactive article from AP on Yacht Rock. You can find it here. Lots of great tidbits on there (congrats on getting an agent, JD!), especially the parts at the end where they have snippets of some of JD's favorite YR tracks.

Good call on the Loggins versions of McDonald songs. I've heard his version of "I Gotta Try" but not "No Lookin' Back."

I'll be doing a bit more of a Yacht Rock/Michael McDonald intensive post in a few months. (Can't wait, can you?)

Link

4 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Mike S said...

Hey Jason,

I saw your post about Billy Joel
and the review from Newsday.
I was at that gig and the one
last night(January 15th)as well.
I have some photos on my blog,albeit crappy!! LOL!
Cool blog you got going here.

 
At 1/16/2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Mike S said...

Jason,

Marc and I took our mom and she
just absolutely loved it.Billy
did Stilleto and Zanzibar in
both shows,and he did 'Innocent
Man'in the latest.I was moved to tears.He's the only artist after
The Who that get's my every emotion.

Marc you know what'd both shows in Sunrise,I'll shoot copies over
to you.Send me your shipping
address if you are interested
buddy! lowgens02@aol.com

 
At 1/17/2006 3:17 PM, Blogger ... said...

Nice...

Does Little River Band fall into the YR genre? I really like them...

 
At 1/17/2006 3:23 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Little River Band? Oh hell yes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home