Monday, April 11, 2005

This is weird, and now there is a witness maybe.

NY Times Article: The Man Date

I was at a bar on Saturday night after my show, and I don't know how it came up, but my director started telling me about an article in the Times about The Man Date. I didn't even know exactly what the article was about but my first thought was "I have to go tell Z* about this." Then Z sent me the link this morning.

Z, of course, is my best friend, and also happens to be a homosexual.

Just kidding. He's not my best friend. But we have gone on plenty of Man Dates.

In any case, this article was interesting, although just about every quote from a guy irritated me, especially the comment from Mr. Kim, who was worried that (gasp) someone might have seen him OUT WITH A GUY! People need to get over their fears - or at least figure out what's going on inside that causes them to have them in the first place.

I will admit I did have one of these weird moments recently. Z and I went to Angel's on 61st, and the table seemed a little cozy. I think I even commented that all the table was missing was a romantic candle. But it wasn't a big deal. We ate, talked, and had sex in the bathroom. Typical night.

The final part of the article caught my eye:

All men, however, agree that one rule of guy-meets-guy time is inviolable: if a woman enters the picture, a man can drop his buddies, last minute, no questions asked. A romantic date always trumps a man date.

Huh? What about "bros before hoes?" "Whoever smelt it, dealt it?" Or whatever that phrase was?

*name changed. Now you have no clue who it is.

7 Comments:

At 4/12/2005 12:25 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I know who it is!

What do I win?

 
At 4/12/2005 12:27 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Ooooh, should I have a contest?

 
At 4/12/2005 12:35 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I know who it is, why would I advocate you having a contest, just give me the prize goddammit!

 
At 4/13/2005 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your prize: A swift kick to the nuts!

 
At 4/13/2005 7:57 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Don't make me out you.

 
At 4/14/2005 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't decide if you're talking to me or Jason.

 
At 4/20/2005 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to share a bed with my best friend.. and I'd wake up with my hand between two pillows...well I thought they were two pillows....

How about them Jets?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home