Friday, June 17, 2005

My So Called Job

Well since Z covered what he does I figured I'd try to do something similar to help explain what I do.

Basically my current job entails finding and maintaining production related systems. I've worked with VisualMax, an a production accounting system for motion picture and television, ScheduAll, a visually based scheduling system used to schedule everything from lights and camera equipment to staff and stages.

The most recent application we're rolling out is Pilotware, and application for logging and transcribing tape dubs. Most reality based shows use this tool to assist in tracking and logging many hours of footage and helping story editors compose stories.

While that sounds complicated, I'm lucky and I can plagarize and crib from other people.

from Fireballs & Tsunamis:

I am happy to report that the season premiere of MTV's "Made,"
the wholesome, feel-good reality show I've been working on since February, will air two weeks from now on Wednesday, June 29th at 10pm. As an added bonus, the episode that I helped to write -- focusing on Nile, a suburban Minnesota teen who wants to be a rapper, in part to impress his famous musical dad, who wrote the 80s disco hit "Funkytown" -- has been chosen as the premiere episode! I hope you tune in on the 29th because I painstakingly screened two hundred hours of raw footage of Nile in post-production and I think you will enjoy watching him onscreen as much as I did.


In other good TV news, the MTV pilot I worked on in January -- "Run's House," a reality show about Reverend Run, his brother Russell Simmons, and their families -- has apparently been greenlit and will air TBA.

3 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 3:33 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Whose house?

 
At 6/20/2005 12:25 PM, Blogger ... said...

Run's House!!!!

Personally I cannot see screening 200 hundred hours of footage and then distilling it down into a coherent 1 hour show.

 
At 6/21/2005 10:31 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Thank you so, so much, I was afraid no one was ever going to say it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home