Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Introspective Sensititivity of "Baby Got Back"

This has already been blogged to death by many others, but it only came across my iPod (via a podcast) this morning. Musician Jonathan Coulton has recorded a fantastic cover of Sir Mix-A-Lot's masterpiece, "Baby Got Back." It's right here. Let me know what you think.

Once you're done with that one, check out some of his others on his song page. I'm partial to "First of May" (not exactly SFW - think of Tenacious D but a lil' more sensitive) , "Someone Is Crazy" (this could be a BNL song) and "Brand New Sucker." He's got a great voice, fantastic instrumentation and sharp harmonies. I'll definitely be checking out more.

I commend him for using the honor system - offering his songs for free, and then asking people to buy if they like them. So if you like what he's done to Mr. Mix-A-Lot's hit, pay the man.

4 Comments:

At 11/09/2005 5:31 PM, Blogger ... said...

damn... it's like been whitified...

 
At 11/09/2005 9:47 PM, Blogger ... said...

I had to listen to the OG version on my way home... I feel much better now.

 
At 11/09/2005 9:53 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Damn, why you hatin'? His cover is off-the-hook!

or something.

 
At 11/10/2005 12:47 PM, Blogger ... said...

not hating... as we can see from the Colbert Show preem if you say some gibberish in newscaster tone, it sounds important and newsworthy....

same deal with this cover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home