Friday, December 09, 2005

More On The Superstar Bat Mitzvah

Last week I posted about the disugsting NYC Bat Mitzvah featuring 50 Cent, Joe Walsh, Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Kenny G, Tom Petty and Aerosmith. My officemate just sent me a link to some photos from the event, taken by one of the attendees. You gotta check these out.

Thinking about the event more, I guess I can't fault Don Henley et al for doing the event. They probably figured it was easy money, and a chance for a bunch of 'em to get together and play tunes they know by heart anyway.

That is, except for Stevie Nicks. Check out this picture. That's a Teleprompter on the right, and from the lyrics there ("Go Home"), I imagine she's singing "Gold Dust Woman." Some thoughts on this:

1) She's singing a song called "Gold Dust Woman." At a rich girl's Bat Mitzvah.
2) The song is about cocaine.
3) She has sung this song at just about every concert she's ever performed. And she needs a Teleprompter. This is pathetic.

But anyway, what really gets me is when these artists get on their high horses and pretend like they're not whores, and aren't willing to turn a trick for a quick buck.

Okay, enough of my bitching. I'm not sure how long that link is going to last, so I saved some pictures that I thought were especially interesting:

Steven Tyler is a Botoxed mess.

Pajama Party with AEROSMITH! except only one of these guys is from Aerosmith.

Tom Petty spreads 'em in The Red Room where it seems, from the other pictures I've seen, all the guests changed into red outfits. Sheesh.

Hey look, everybody, it's Joe Walsh! "Who?" asks the crowd.

Stevie and Don have a little dance to the tune of "We're In The Money"

Shortly after this picture, the photographer was shot and killed by 50's bodyguard.

Everybody smile and say "Sense of entitlement!"

2 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 11:50 AM, Blogger ... said...

"but, there are hot chicks... with hoo hoos" Chester from Dude Where's My Car

 
At 12/09/2005 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay this is exactly what your Bar Mitzvah was like. Oh wait.....I wasn't invited to YOUR bar mitzvah. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home