Saturday, March 18, 2006

Down Deep

Someone handed this magazine to me the other day and I immediately thought of Jason's obsession with "What A Fool Beleives." I never knew anything about MM as a person or artist so this was quite enlightening for me.

Weekly Feature You hear his voice everywhere—on the radio, at the grocery store, in television commercials. That unmistakable, soulful baritone. Where does it come from?
Down Deep
By Michael McDonald
Nashville, Tennessee

I have this recurring dream. i’m driving a car on a racecourse with no one else around. There’s a turn up ahead. I try to steer, but I bang into a wall. Then another. Desperately, I try to get control. But it’s no use. No matter how hard I try, I keep careening off the walls, losing control.
It’s taken me a long time to understand that dream. But a young boy I met 25 years ago started me on the right track.
In 1980 things couldn’t have been better for my band, the Doobie Brothers. Our album Minute by Minute had sold three million copies and we’d won four Grammys for the song "What a Fool Believes." I should have been on top of the world. Truth was, I’d never been so unhappy.

Link

1 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Jason said...

So interesting that you post this...as Emily will eventually mention if she gets to reading this post, she came across this issue a number of months ago and, knowing my obsession, gifted it to me. A good interview, although not enough focus on "What A Fool Believes," in my opinion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home