Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sitcom Foibles

Two major stories that I have missed regarding '80s sitcoms, and I blame all of you:

1) Why did nobody inform me that Jodie "Stephanie Tanner" Sweetin from Full House had a meth problem? (and when did she get hot?)

2) The cast of Growing Pains was on Larry King Live and nobody told me?? Jeremy Miller is working in China because he has "a large, large following out there."

I was going to post a picture of the Growing Pains cast, but I think it's more fun if you do the related Google Images search. Mainly because one picture that comes up is of the Family Ties cast, and another of the cast of Facts of Life.

3 Comments:

At 3/07/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger Michael said...

You missed the crucial comedic essence of the Jodi Sweetin story:

The tabloid press reported a three-day bender as well as an intervention staged by her "Full House" castmates — including the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, John Stamos and Bob Saget

1. If the Olsen twins stage an intervention, you have serious problems indeed, but more importantly.

2. The Tanner family is staging her intervention? What about, oh I dunno, her ACTUAL family? You know her PARENTS? Were her parents barred from the intervention because it would be less newsworthy if they were present?

 
At 3/07/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Two excellent points. Frighteningly enough, there was a reason I didn't touch on them - apparently this intervention never happened - it was just something that was reported in the tabloids, and apparently she denied it in a different story.

I just didn't comment on it because I thought mentioning I did ADDITIONAL Jodie Sweetin "research" would be a bit scary.

 
At 3/14/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

I hate to be *that guy*, but I woulda told you both of these things had you read Slack LaLane on a daily basis over the past few months. So I say you deserve it.

Methhead Tanner is not hot, though. How rude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home