Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Elvis, as context for Chicago

If you haven't been reading the fantastic Jefitoblog music reviews and downloading all the tracks he's giving away, you've been missing out.

But I'll be honest with you: while I enjoy it when he reviews an album he loves, I love it more when he reviews an album he hates.

Chicago XXX is such an album. Jeff had prepared me for a negative review, but I had no idea how serious he was, or how far it was going to go. Jeff has compared each stage of Chicago's career to a similar stage of Elvis' career - with them even meeting the same demise: "Chicago as dead Elvis."

I almost feel bad getting so much joy out of his frustration with this album, but on the bright side, it makes for a great read. Enjoy, and download the terrible songs, too. You'll be sorry that you did.

Jefitoblog: Listening Booth: Chicago, "XXX"

Link

1 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to all the haters out there (jason????) i say "thank you Chicago"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home