Friday, April 15, 2005

Great First Paragraph

The reasons to avoid "House of D," David Duchovny's earnest, unwatchable coming-of-age drama, can best be summarized in a simple declarative sentence. Robin Williams plays a retarded janitor.

NY Times Review: "The House of D"

I wonder if maybe Robin and Cuba had a little talk on the set of "What Dreams May Come":

Cuba: I have a few movies coming up after this.
Robin: Yeah? Like what?
Cuba: A few I did strictly for the money, but I have this other one that's going to guarantee me an Oscar.
Robin: Why?
Cuba: I'm playing a retarded guy.
Robin: So? I don't think that's necessarily a guarantee.
Cuba: Two words, my friend: prosthetic teeth.
Robin: Hmmm....




Thanks to Z - excellent suggestion on the third pic.

2 Comments:

At 4/15/2005 11:44 AM, Blogger Michael said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/20/2005 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... that's a good one crossing the finish line

 

Post a Comment

<< Home