Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Apple and a Video iPod

You may have read recent news reports of Apple talking to major record labels about selling music videos through iTunes, which could mean that a video iPod is on the way as well. Still, tons of interviews with Steve, some quite recently, reiterate the belief that the iPod is a device too small (and therefore inconvenient) for video viewing.

Personally, I have no need for purchasing music videos (unless...), but I can see it being appealing to the younger demographic. And I wouldn't mind being able to transport short video clips in the same manner as the current iPod photo. My hopes is that the Fall brings, at the very least, an 80 GB. I don't care if it's black-and-white (it won't be) or is the Special Coldplay Edition(although what I'd really like...). It just needs to have more space.

My number one request for the iPod, though, is radio capability - either general AM/FM, or through XM or Sirius.

4 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 2:34 PM, Blogger ... said...

I must admit having moved from a Rio 512+128Mb flash player to a pink iPod named Floyd, I'm now understanding of the need for space.

I did not realize that the iPod managed your music experience much in the same way that Tivo manages my TV experience.

Even iTunes which I deplored for the same very reasons, I do now see the benefit since it's doing essentially the same thing for my desktop.

I did not use the FM radio on the Rio very much, but the AA battery is a wonderful thing because I always knew I could get a fresh battery from somewhere.

The Rio had a program called Rio Taxi which I think does the same thing that the Shuffle is supposed to do but again I never used it.

 
At 7/19/2005 2:36 PM, Blogger ... said...

oh and currently the ONLY portable screen that I think is worthwhile is the Sony PSP screen, it's incredibly beautiful. But that's too big to carry around IMO.

A Palm device screen is about the smallest I'm willing to have and still have pocket space.

 
At 7/19/2005 3:41 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Dude! You have a PINK iPod?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

 
At 8/01/2005 4:40 PM, Blogger ... said...

yes, and it was FREE :)

I have been thinking more about this as I stare at a new tablet PC, (Very Star Trek since I can talk to it)

But if they took the size of the iPod, made it ALL screen, and had the same interface in a virtual screen that came up as the same way that it does now, and when you played video it took up the whole screen with smaller overlay buttons that "hid themselves" after no use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home