Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Metal Face = Charlie Chaplin

Mike just called me to let me know about MyHeritage.com, a geneology website that is currently running a face recognition beta - you upload your photo, they do some sort of scan on it, and pull up celebrities that resemble your facial characteristics.

Naturally, I uploaded metal face.

The results? Apparently I look like, in descending order:

Leonardo DiCaprio (59%)
David Brin (53%)
Charlie Chaplin (52%)
Gene Hackman
(51%)
Lee Harvey Oswald (51%) (uhhhh...)
Sonia Gandhi (49%) (??)
Anthony Hopkins (48%) (Now we're talkin'!)
Bruce Willis
(47%)
Meat Loaf
(46%)
and finally, Olav V of Norway (46%) . I always felt we had a kinship...now it's confirmed.

Interesting that I didn't get any similarities to Breckin Meyer, but maybe it's because I didn't use a more serious pic. However, I did post a picture that I think looks closer to what I currently look like, and I'm much more amused/satisfied by this result.

Who do you look like? Post in the comments.

4 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Diego Maradona (clearly an eyebrow thing), Barack Obama (Barack Obama?!?!), Alan Turing, Rock Hudson, George Clooney and, for the ladies Salma Lagerlof (que?) and Julie Christie.

What did poor Julie Christie ever do to these people?

As long as I am in my photobucket, this seems like the perfect opportunity to remind Jason who he looks like.

 
At 1/19/2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Jadey said...

for a pic of you that *I* loaded, dear Jason, I got this:
Francisco Franco - 62%
Uma Thurman
Andie MacDowell
Tori Amos
Tom Cruise
Dan Quayle
Maurice Chevalier
Shahrikh Khan (sp?)
Paul Celan
Kate Winslet - 52%

For moi? From a headshot, btw.
Britney Spears (siiiiigh)
Jennifer Lopez (uh...)
Penelope Cruz (because I'm so spanish looking???)
Drew Barrymore (one I hear a LOT in real life)
Celena Jaitley (who?)
Priyanka Chopra (no, really, who??)
Tori Amos (interesting!)
Hilary Duff (shoot me. please.)
Romy Schneider (I feel like I should know who that is.)

 
At 1/19/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I look like Generalissimo Francisco Franco??

Wow!

 
At 1/19/2006 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....that's my new favorite ego boosting site. :) I got Penelope Cruz (but now that I know that EVERYONE gets her....), Julia Roberts (I'll take it), Alyson Hannigan (yay Buffy!!!), Zhang Ziyi (my Sicilian grandmother is turning over in her grave), Naomi Watts (she owes me twelve dollars and over two hours for Kong).

If I have to be compared with celebs I'll never be as cute as, I'll take those. Yay me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home