Thursday, June 01, 2006

Check Out The Weepies


Based on yet another Jefito recommendation, I picked up Say I Am You, the new record by The Weepies. Jeff poetically describes the album better than I possibly can, but the best way to explain how I feel about Say I Am You is this: I put it on while going to bed last night, and a sweet, simple note sung by Deb Talan in "Painting By Chagall" actually woke me as I was drifting to sleep. I couldn't fall back to sleep. I had to play the track a few more times. And first thing this morning.

Read Jeff's review, and if it's the kind of thing that sounds appealing to you, go to The Weepies website and play a few tracks. The site is remarkably well-done; by clicking on "discography," you can hear full versions of not only their collective songs but their solo tracks as well. All artists' sites should offer so much. I'll be picking up a few more releases from these two.

Oh, and read the "about" section, describing how Steve Tannen and Deb Talan first met. It's a great story.

2 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 1:48 PM, Blogger SallyAnn said...

Okay, maybe I am a total girl, but the story about how they met made me cry. I loved it.

 
At 6/01/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Jason said...

No, you're right. You're a total girl. I bet you'd love this album. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home