Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Plagiarist Links

Some of this week's links come from the 8/3/05 edition of the Manhattan Users' Guide. If you live in the NYC area, I highly recommend subscribing - one e-mail a day with various tips about the city and surrounding areas, from movers to carpet cleaners to events and sales happening each week.

I'm going backpacking for the next week. Guest bloggers (okay...Brian), do your worst.

20Q.net - A fun distraction. It correctly guessed "business card," "pretzel," "picture frame," and "calculator." It took 25 questions for "gummy bear" and did not correctly guess "my penis." (I may have answered the "is it bigger than a bread box?" question incorrectly.) Let me know if you trip it up!

Fantastic new Starbucks commercial - I laughed my ass off. Waxy mentions it along with this Nutragrain ad. Man, I AM a plagiarist.

The new Simpsons Season Six box set strays from sets 1-5 and employs different, cool packaging. I imagine that real-life Comic Book Guys are already complaining about it not fitting in their DVD shelves, and the fine folks behind the Simpsons box have anticipated their whining. Check out their website - and click through to choose a reason for wanting a new box.


Show And Tell Music - A collection of odd, exciting and crazy album covers from way back when. It's staggering to think about how much music has never made it to compact disc. In many of these cases, it's for the best. There are too many excellent covers for me to link to. Okay, maybe just one. Post your favorites.

Ethanography at Micky D's
- a great story by Grant, but I want answers, dammit.

Normally I refuse to watch television shows about actors (it's enough just trying to live the life of one), but this one seems like it might have some merit. On the TiVo it goes.

The Universal Packing List and, along with it, One Bag (all about packing and traveling light)

Oh, the number of times I've wanted to use this...

Did you ever hear the words "fucking hell" in "Hey Jude?" Find out about that possibility and more in What Goes On - an exhausting list of Beatles Anomalies. (Sadly, I've had the argument about who is singing "She Loves You" at the end of "All You Need Is Love" for many years.) Gosh, Beatles fans are crazy!

HousingMaps - A fantastic mash-up of Google Maps and Craigslist

In honor of my post on the Office Space SE DVD, feel free to use this cover sheet for your own purposes.

Ligers!

That is all. Godspeed.

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 11:23 AM, Blogger ... said...

hmmm maybe they need to then breed it with a bear so you can mash up the "Lions, Tigers, and Bears Oh My!" into "Ligears Oh My!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home