Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tapping Out The Hits

The Song Tapper claims to be able to recognize a song that you tap into the computer using only your space bar. But I've tried "What A Fool Believes" twice now, and they're not recognizing it. Here's what I tapped, and here's what they suggested I was tapping:

Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) Abba
We've Had Enough Alkaline Trio
Englishman In New York Sting
Saturday Night Whigfield
Run To The Hills Iron Maiden
Turkish March Mozart
My Favorite Things
Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel
Coin-Operated Boy Dresden Dolls
Sweet Home Alabama King / Rossington

"Run To The Hills" was on the suggestion list both times, which I imagine will bring Michael great, great pleasure.

I tried a second time, tapping out the entire verse and chorus of "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams. (Why? I don't know.) Perfect match: it was the first song suggested. "Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company didn't fare as well, but I'm not sure if that's because I counted the word "love" in the verses as multiple syllables. And no, I didn't play the guitar part of the chorus on the keyboard - but it sounds like the computer missed a few of the taps. I wonder if I'm typing out vocal dynamics using the space bar, and the light ones aren't registering.

Finally, I tried "Faith" by George Michael. No luck. And it suggested "Englishman In New York" by Sting and "No Matter What" by Boyzone for the second time.

Admittedly, my rhythm's not perfect, but I wonder how many people will find what they're looking for here.

2 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Run toooooo the hilllllllls!

Run FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!

Hee.

 
At 1/18/2006 5:47 PM, Blogger ... said...

I tried Buckner & Garcia's Pac-Man Fever and it came up with these:

Norweugan Wood (This Bird Has Flown) The Beatles

Pour Elise Beethoven

5th Symphony Beethoven

I Can't Get No Satisfaction Rolling Stones

Pressure On You Duels

Been Caught Stealing Janes Addiction

Nothing Compares To You Sinead O'connor

Norwegian Wood Beatles

Phantom Of The Opera

From This Moment Shania Twain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home